These burgers are based on a recipe by Nigel Slater (link to original recipe is below). Each burger is 170 calories, 9.2g carbs, 2.5g fat and 26.6g protein.
- 500g mince chicken breast
- 70g bread crumbs
- 6 bacon rashers (I used turkey bacon because I wanted to have less fat)
- Zest and juice of one lemon
- 20g of grated Parmesan cheese
- Some fresh thyme
- 1-2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Mix all the ingredients up well and separate into patties.
TIP: I weighed each of mine out so they were exactly the same. This meant that I could put all my ingredients into the ‘recipe’ section of Myfitnesspal and include the number of servings. Now when I include a chicken burger in my meals it has the correct macros for each portion.
I cooked mine in the pan using a little spray oil, but if you want to reduce any extra fat you could grill these, or put on the BBQ – when it stops raining (here in the UK)!
To see Nigel’s original recipe follow this link.