Have you tried the plank challenge?
Every week, as part of the Four Week Ab Challenge, I will be doing the plank challenge and seeing how long I can hold the move. My aim is to keep good form for as long as I can, and each week beat this time.
Watch the video and do your own plank challenge alongside me. Can you beat me?
Why do the plank challenge?
If you regularly include the plank hold into your workouts or daily regimes, you can:
- Strengthen your core – the transverse abdominus, the rectus abdominus, the external oblique muscle, and the glutes.
- Get a flatter stomach as more abdominal muscles are engaged (crunches only activate 64% and can cause lower back pain).
- Strengthen your back.
- Gain more muscle! You may gain more muscle which will also,
- Increase your metabolism. Every pound of muscle can burn 50 calories a day – something you don’t get from cardiovascular exercise.
- Improve your posture.
- Improve your joint care – weight bearing exercises improve bone density.
Follow the Four-Week Ab Challenge schedule and stay on track!