This article is all about the no makeup makeup look and my recent no makeup makeup buys! What is wrong with wanting to look fresh faced and pretty no matter what day it is?
These are my five recent no makeup makeup buys:
- Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cream – I am a little embarrassed to say that I had been using the same face moisturiser since I was in my teens (oil free Clean and Clear)! However, on my wedding day my amazing makeup artist used this and my face felt so hydrated. Other moisturisers tended to leave my skin oily but my face felt matte.
- Laura Mercier Foundation Primer in Radiance – I have used this primer many years ago and I am not sure why I stopped. Probably because I started to use tinted moisturisers and didn’t feel I needed it. However, I think this gives a nice sheen to your skin even if you are not using a foundation. But obviously it also holds the foundation well too. I no longer have that feeling of makeup falling down my face by mid afternoon!
- NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation – I never usually wear foundation on a day to day basis, it was normally always reserved for going out, and maybe not even then. However, this foundation feels so light weight, which is exactly what it says! My makeup artist, Tally Dhillon, also had a great tip. She recommended mixing my light shade with a little of a darker shade for when I am more tan. So as well as the Gobi shade I have also bought Punjab. Another massive bonus with this foundation is that I no longer need concealer around my nose or under my eyes.
- PHB Ethical Beauty – Brow Define Brush – Tally did such an amazing job on my eyebrows from my wedding day that I wanted to incorporate this into my every day make up look. This brush is soft and thin angled. It is perfect for using with the next product on my list.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills DIPBROW Pomade – this was a gift from Tally, bought over from the States. Tally made applying this to my brows effortless. However, I have to say it took me a few goes to get this right. However, once you have got it right you will have perfectly filled in and natural looking brows. I am always scared of my eyebrows running down my face in the rain, but this really isn’t going anywhere!
Those are my no makeup makeup essentials!
If you want to see the amazing job that Tally Dhillon did on my wedding day check out my Simple Summer Wedding Dress post.